Chance decided to do Pop Warner Football this year. It is his first year and at first he wasn't sure but I think it is growing on him now. LOL He is getting better every practice and every game. He was really afraid of tackling and being tackled but he is now getting in on the action. He is playing Left Defensive tackle (he is #34) :), kinda funny with him so skinny but it is a safe place for him to get comfortable with the game. He doesn't have as many chances for someone to come at him full speed. They have a pretty good team this year and they are playing well together. So far they have had 4 shut outs. Yesterday the head coach was gone and he told the boys that if they held the Giants to 0 points he would take them out for ice cream. ( I don't think he was planning on that happening, but it did so coach is going to have alot of ice cream to buy ) It was a great game I would say a very defensive game. Our friends came to watch the game so we got to see Brooke and John the little ones were excited to play with Riah and Emma. They came to the game not only because Chance was playing but there neighbors son Nathaniel was playing on the Giants team. So they got to watch both boys play at one game! Talk about killing two birds with one stone, I think it worked out great! I love watching Chance play it makes me think about High School, and watching my brother play football for CV. Such fun times!
Monday, October 6, 2008
Are you ready for some Football???
Chance decided to do Pop Warner Football this year. It is his first year and at first he wasn't sure but I think it is growing on him now. LOL He is getting better every practice and every game. He was really afraid of tackling and being tackled but he is now getting in on the action. He is playing Left Defensive tackle (he is #34) :), kinda funny with him so skinny but it is a safe place for him to get comfortable with the game. He doesn't have as many chances for someone to come at him full speed. They have a pretty good team this year and they are playing well together. So far they have had 4 shut outs. Yesterday the head coach was gone and he told the boys that if they held the Giants to 0 points he would take them out for ice cream. ( I don't think he was planning on that happening, but it did so coach is going to have alot of ice cream to buy ) It was a great game I would say a very defensive game. Our friends came to watch the game so we got to see Brooke and John the little ones were excited to play with Riah and Emma. They came to the game not only because Chance was playing but there neighbors son Nathaniel was playing on the Giants team. So they got to watch both boys play at one game! Talk about killing two birds with one stone, I think it worked out great! I love watching Chance play it makes me think about High School, and watching my brother play football for CV. Such fun times!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It was fun!
Post a Comment