Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Chase

Looks like fun right?

Day 1



Day 4 gap just starting :)



Day 7 Look at that gap :)



Day 7




Chase has alot going on in his mouth! LOL Last Wednesday he got a rapid pallet expander put in. He has a very narrow pallet and has no room for his teeth. So every morning and every night we the parents get to turn the key to widen his pallet. I was saying it was a torture device and it was legal LOL the ortho said I get to torture him twice everyday. It sounds painful and the first day or so he was uncomfortable he felt pressure and it was a adjustment getting used to this thing in his mouth. But now it has been a week and it is no big deal! He doesn't complain and it is painless!! I was so excited to hear after two days that yes he felt pressure but it was only a couple minutes, and now there is really no pressure he says it is easy :) I am really surprised how fast this thing works and it has only been a week! I am looking forward to his speech improving with the wider pallet he will be able to speak clearer :) I am so glad it doesn't hurt anymore. I really didn't enjoy the fact that I was making him uncomfortable, even if he does think I did enjoy it.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Ok, i don't care if he says it doesn't hurt, that looks painful!!!